Storage and Usage
- Can I make Sustagen® with full cream milk instead of low fat/skim milk?
- Yes, however the fat content per serve will be different to what is stated on the packaging.
- How long can Sustagen® be kept once prepared?
- It must be treated like any other food that is prepared. To be kept refrigerated and consumed within than 10 - 12hrs.
- Can Sustagen® still be consumed if it has gone past the expiry date?
- No. Its best to consume the product within the best before date as we can not guarantee the integrity of the product and its ingredients.
- What is the shelf life of Sustagen® Sport once it has been initially opened?
- If properly re-sealed, it may be kept from time of opening for a period of 3 months.
If product is not sealed properly, the product may be prone to clumping.
It is important that the product is kept dry to ensure the 3 month shelf life. So it is recommend that you use a clean dry measuring scoop or spoon when preparing the product.
Where can I buy Sustagen®
- Where can I buy (purchase) Sustagen®?
- Sustagen® Sport: Comes in Vanilla and Chocolate in 900g tins and Chocolate 450g cans. The 900g Choc and Vanilla cans are only available through pharmacies. Woolworths/Safeway and Coles both stock the 450g Sport Chocolate. (Can be found in the "Milo®" section in Supermarkets)
Sustagen® Powder: Comes in French Vanilla and Dutch Chocolate 400g cans. Woolworths stock the French Vanilla and the Dutch Chocolate. Coles stock French Vanilla and Dutch Chocolate in selected Coles and Bi-Lo supermarkets. The range carried will depend on the size of the supermarket.
Sustagen® Instant Pudding: Comes in a Vanilla flavour in a 450g can. Available in pharmacies. The store may need to order in this product from their wholesaler.
Is Sustagen® suitable for me?
- Is Sustagen® suitable for children?
- Sustagen® Kid Essentials™ has been specially designed for children aged 1 to 10 years. Not more than 2 serves per day for children 4+ through to 8 years old. Sustagen® Hospital and Sport are not recommended unless under the advice of a doctor.
- Is Sustagen® suitable for Vegetarians/ Vegans?
- Firstly it is important to determine what type of vegetarian is referred to. As Sustagen® is milk based it is only suitable for vegetarians who consume dairy products as part of their diet (eg. Non Red meat eaters, Lacto-ovc Lacto Vegetarians). It is not suitable for non-dairy vegetarians (eg. Ovo vegetarians or vegans).
Does Sustagen® contain…?
- Does Sustagen® contain any preservatives?
- Does Sustagen® contain caffeine?
- The Sustagen® Vanilla does not contain caffeine. The chocolate flavour does contain small amounts of caffeine naturally occurring in the cocoa.
- Does Sustagen® contain Iodine?
- The range contains Iodine except for Sustagen® 400g (High in folic acid and iron levels).
- Does Sustagen® contain lactose?
- Yes all Sustagen® products have lactose as they have skim milk powder in them.
- Does Sustagen® contain nuts?
- No. Nuts are not added to Sustagen® and no nuts are available at the manufacturing site.
- Does Sustagen® contain Vegetable Oil?
- No Vegetable oil is in the product.