CHOCOLATE MOCHA ENERGY BARS
- 2 cups (280g) quick-cook oats
- 1 cup (190g) chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup (90g) hemp seeds
- 2/3 cup (70g) cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp instant coffee powder
- 1/4 cup (45g) chia seeds
- 1 cup (140g) pitted dates
- 1 ¼ cups (200g) Sustagen® Hospital Formula Active Chocolate Flavour
- ¾ cup (190mL) water
- 1/4 cup (60mL) melted coconut oil
- Grease and line a 23cm square baking pan with baking paper.
- In large bowl, stir together oats, chocolate chips, hemp seeds, cocoa powder, instant coffee powder and chia seeds; set aside.
- Using a blender or food processor, pulse pitted dates, Sustagen® Hospital Formula Active Chocolate Flavour powder, water and coconut oil until smooth.
- Combine date mixture and oat mixture in a bowl. Transfer mixture into prepared pan and press down firmly. Freeze for 40 minutes or refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm. Cut into 24 bars.
|Nutrient||PER SERVE||Quantity per 100g|
|Energy - kJ||>827.63kJ||>1568.12kJ|
|Total Fat (g)||8.91g||16.89g|
|- Saturated Fat (g)||4.21g||7.98g|
|Dietary fibre (g)||>3.29g||>6.22g|