No Bake Protein Bars
- 2 cups (160g) quick-cook oats
- 1 cup (140g) pitted dates
- ½ cup (40g) shredded coconut
- ½ cup (50g) cocoa powder
- 2 ¼ cups (360g) SUSTAGEN Hospital Formula Chocolate Flavour
- ¼ cup (60mL) melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup (70g) almond butter
- ½ cup (125mL) water
- ¼ cup (45g) chia seeds
- Grease and line a 20cm square baking pan with baking paper.
- In food processor, pulse together oats and dates until chopped.
- Add coconut, cocoa powder and SUSTAGEN Hospital Formula Chocolate Flavour; pulse for about 30 seconds or until in fine crumbs, scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
- Add coconut oil, almond butter, water and chia seeds; process until smooth and well combined. Press mixture into prepared pan; refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours or until firm. Remove from pan and cut into 12 bars.
- Refrigerate bars between pieces of waxed paper in airtight container for up to 3 days.
- For an extra chocolatey bar, add some chopped 70% dark chocolate to the mixture before pressing into pan.
|Nutrient||Per Serve||Quantity per 100g|
|Energy - kJ||> 1524.01kJ||> 1678.50kL|
|Total Fat (g)||17.86g||19.67g|
|- Saturated Fat (g)||11.03g||12.15g|
|Carbohydrate||> 37.62g||> 41.44g|
|Dietary fibre (g)||5.73g||6.31g|