Peanut Butter & Jam Pancakes
- 2/3 cup (100g) plain flour
- 1/2 cup (80g) wholemeal plain flour
- ½ cup (80g) SUSTAGEN Hospital Formula Vanilla Flavour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp bi-carbonate of soda
- pinch salt
- 1 cup (250mL) milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup (70g) smooth or chunky peanut butter
- cooking oil spray
- 2 tbsp raspberry jam
- 125g punnet fresh raspberries
- In large bowl, whisk together flours, baking powder, SUSTAGEN Hospital Formula Vanilla Flavour, bi-carbonate of soda and salt. Add combined water, egg and peanut butter; whisk until combined but still slightly lumpy.
- Spray oil onto frying pan. Heat over medium heat. Add ¼ cup of mixture to each pan. Cook for 2 minutes, or until bubbles appear on the surface. Carefully turn over, cook until golden.
- Transfer pancakes to a plate, keep warm, repeat with remaining batter, greasing pan between each batch. If you find the pan is getting too hot, reduce heat slightly.
- Serve pancakes with jam; and garnish with fresh berries.
|Nutrient||Per Serve||Quantity per 100g|
|Energy - kJ||950.89kJ||911.77kL|
|Total Fat (g)||7.33g||7.02g|
|- Saturated Fat (g)||1.88g||1.80g|
|Dietary fibre (g)||>3.03g||>2.91g|
Note that cooking may impact the nutrient content of the product and thus the final dish, as certain nutrients are sensitive to heat.