Importance of nutrition and hydration in sport
It is well established that eating a healthy and balanced diet can support your general health and wellbeing, but a healthy diet is also very important during physical activity. Whether you are an elite athlete, weekend sport participant or just want to remain fit and active, an appropriate dietary intake is important for you to achieve your full potential. This includes consuming adequate fluids for hydration.
Did you know how important your hydration status is during physical activity?
During exercise, sweat output may exceed fluid intake, which could result in dehydration. If dehydration increases, this can impact your physical and mental health.1 Therefore, it is important to consume appropriate fluids before, during and after your training session.
Why choose SUSTAGEN Sport?
SUSTAGEN Sport is a delicious, low fat, nutritious supplement suitable for all types of athletes to support increased nutrient and hydration demands before or after training sessions.2
- Is high in Protein: required to support the growth of lean muscle mass and aid tissue repair.
- Contains Carbohydrates: as an energy source for exercising muscles
- When mixed with water or milk, can provide the fluids to maintain hydration and replenish that lost after sport
- Contains antioxidant vitamins C and E
- Contains a comprehensive range of vitamins and minerals
- Low GI# for sustained energy
SUSTAGEN Sport can be taken before, during or after physical activity, to ensure hydration and nourish your body. SUSTAGEN Sport is available in Dutch Chocolate and Vanilla Flavour. Why not see how SUSTAGEN Sport can support you.
# When made up with water. Glycemic Index = 36 (Chocolate flavour), 37 (Vanilla flavour)
(1) Sports Dietitian Australia, Fluids in Sports Fact Sheet. Available at: https://www.sportsdietitians.com.au/factsheets/fuelling-recovery/fluids-in-sport/ Accessed: June, 2022
(2) Desbrow, B. et al (2014) Comparing the rehydration potential of different milk based drinks to a carbohydrate-electrolyte beverage. Applied Physiology, Nutrition and Metabolism. 39: p.1366-1372