Ginger Tumeric Loaf
You will need approximately 2 large overripe bananas for this recipe
- 2/3 cup (170mL) coconut oil, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (300g) mashed banana
- 2/3 cup (170mL) milk
- 1 ½ tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 3 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup (160g) SUSTAGEN Hospital Formula Vanilla Flavour
- 3/4 cup (110g) plain flour
- 1/2 cup (80g) wholemeal plain flour
- 1/4 cup (40g) chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 cup (45g) chopped dried mango
- 1 ½ tbsp finely chopped candied ginger
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Grease and line a 22 x13cm loaf pan; set aside.
- Whisk together coconut oil, eggs and banana. Stir in milk, ginger, turmeric and baking soda.
- Add SUSTAGEN Hospital Formula Vanilla Flavour and flours, stir until just combined – batter may be slightly lumpy at this stage. Stir in apricots and mango. Pour Mixture into prepared pan. Sprinkle with candied ginger.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into centre of loaf. Cool in pan for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool. Serve warm or cool completely.
|Nutrient||Per Serve||Quantity per 100g|
|Energy - kJ||> 1265.16kJ||> 1222.08kL|
|Total Fat (g)||17.01g||16.43g|
|- Saturated Fat (g)||11.57g||11.17g|
|Carbohydrate||> 29.20g||> 28.20g|
|Dietary fibre (g)||2.10g||2.03g|
Note that cooking may impact the nutrient content of the product and thus the final dish, as certain nutrients are sensitive to heat.